The Lesser-Known Benefits of Soapstone CountertopsJuly 6th, 2017
Soapstone is a natural countertop material that rivals marble, granite, and quartz in terms of its popularity. Although there are many, many reasons why soapstone countertops could be a good fit for your home, here are just a few of the key benefits you should know about this countertop material:
- Durability — Soapstone is produced by Mother Nature in varying levels of hardness. Although the softest type is generally used for sculpting, the hardest is used for applications like countertops. Since durability is one of soapstone’s biggest bragging rights, you should go with this material if you’re hard on your counters.
- Aesthetics — No two slabs of soapstone are ever the same. Thanks to this, soapstone counters are not only stylish and beautiful, but they’re also highly unique. Additionally, you have plenty of color options to pick from.
- Workability — If you have soapstone countertops in your kitchen, you don’t have to worry about bringing a hot pan from the stove and putting it directly on top of your counters. Soapstone doesn’t stain and doesn’t get damaged by heat.
- Density — Many homeowners worry about spilling liquids on their countertops for fear of staining them. Since soapstone is a non-porous material, you won’t have this problem! Soapstone’s non-porous nature also prevents germs and bacteria from making a home for themselves on your countertops.
- Environmentally friendly — Before soapstone slabs come to our showroom, they are simply harvested from the earth and cut to size. This all-natural material is also completely recyclable.